Friday, November 07, 2008

Flesh is flesh...

A Vent

Forgive me, for I am irked.

It has been the week from hell. It started with the hard drive failure and progressively got worse from there.

Things culminated yesterday when a "big shot" of the research institute decided to burn my hand.

To make a long story short, I was getting a nice bowl of hot soup from the cafeteria for lunch. The said "big shot" decided to bump into me scalding my hand with the hot bowl of soup.

The cafeteria staff doted on me, cleaned me up, gave me a cool wet towel for my hand, asked if I needed medical assistance, got my name for a report, and gave me a free lunch (in retrospect I should have opted for the lasagna special). The "big shot" was just slightly apologetic and high tailed out of there.

Sincere amends for the situation would have been the least he could do. Follow up to make sure I was ok is not too much to ask either.

All I can say is that flesh is flesh. It still burns whether it is attached to the president of a foundation or a graduate student just trying to make it through the week with a bit of sanity...

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Some people are just rude. Only slightly apologetic even though he caused you injury? What a jerk.

I hope things look up for you soon! Hang in there.

Friday, November 07, 2008 3:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page