Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Day of Rain

The news is finally in about my American Heart Association grant that I wrote back in January. It has made it to the final round, the final and last cut. It is in the final round where it is under consideration of funding. The coveted top percentile. However, the score is such that it stands virtually no chance of funding. Although it is not sunk, it is sinking--fast.

Sadly, one reviewer seemed bent on sinking my grant. The comments were really unfounded, irrelevant, and undeserved. Really.

I can only hope that my advisor gives me a moment to wallow in self-pity and failure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations on getting that far! I hope your advisor is supportive, whatever happens.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't fail, Katie. The fact that you got this far is proof of it. Be proud of your accomplishments!

Warm hugs,
Cinthia

Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page