Thursday, April 19, 2007

In Love

I fell in love today.

It was quite unexpected. But that is how love is. It often happens when you least expect it.

I still remember the exact moment when I realized I was in love. All it took was a simple touch to my lips. Well, maybe not so simple…

My new love is bold and complex. But that is how I want my love to be. I have never been one to want less. Some people want their love to be simple, but not me. I want my love to be stimulating. I get bored easily and feel that I am in constant need of some type of stimulation. I realize that this is a vice of mine, but right now I can’t help it and I am just not quite ready to try to change this aspect of myself. Sorry, but I am being honest here.

I am surprised at how bold my new love is. My love gently nudged me out of my peaceful slumber this morning. But what was offered in exchange for my peaceful slumber was well worth the effort.

My love also left me slightly trembling this morning. But isn’t that normal? It is a connection that culminated in a physiological response. After all, it is what it is.

I have one concern about my new love. I am not sure how faithful I will be able to be to my new love. Again, I am being honest. It is just that there are others waiting in the wings and they are just as stimulating. I don’t think I can give them up for my new love.

So, I make a declaration to my new love: Toraja coffee from Indonesia, where have you been all my life?

The others? Maragogype, Kona, Jamaican Blue Mountain, and Sumatran will have to just wait their turn with me…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which answers the question, how have you bean...

Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

Cute. I like.

Friday, April 20, 2007 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page