Monday, December 03, 2007

Foster Cats

Twilight:

Sunlight:

Yesterday proved to be a very sad day in my life. My two foster cats went to their new home.

Sunlight and Twilight were two cats I rescued when they were about 3-4 months old. Being friendly and sweet cats, I knew they were adoptable and since I already had "enough" cats of my own, I put them up for adoption with a very wonderful adoption agency. They were finally adopted to a family at around 7 months of age.

Then at the age of around 2 years, they lost their family/home and once again came back into my foster care. I had them for 5 months until they found another home yesterday. However, having had them for 5 months, I got quite attached to them. Yes, love them dearly. Even started thinking about them as my cats.

My household seems emptier right now. No more squeeking (they did not meow, they squeeked), no more greeting me at the door, and no more cat toy dancing (they had a habit of tossing their toys into the air and jumping after them). They were nicknamed Sundance and Moondance for the way they played.

But, sometimes, love is like that. Sometimes, you just have to set it free and allow someone else to have that love...

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Oh, how sad! But what a wonderful thing you've done. Because there really aren't enough homes for them all. Bless you.

Monday, December 03, 2007 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page