Thursday, June 05, 2008

Beauty in the eye of the beholder

I really like this article.

I once dated a couple of guys who wanted to make me into some type of anorexic model. Seriously.

When I was in college, my last few years, I weighed between 90-95 lbs. I am not sure why I was so thin. Part of it might have been due to the fact that I was a runner. But then again, for about one half of my life, I was always "too thin". I remember at one of my cross country physicals, it was determined I had a body fat percentage of 17%.

However, things swung the other direction for me for the second half of my life. I developed a medical condition that was undiagnosed for a while which caused me to gain a lot of weight. It has been a slow, but progressive battle to get down to a weight that I want. I have no desire to be 90 pounds again--even though it was the desire of a couple of my ex's.

The battle of weight loss still continues for me. But I still feel attractive even though I don't look like an anorexic model.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Oh, that was really encouraging, thanks for the link!

My Significant Other adores exactly the body parts I always thought were my very worst feature. Go figure. :)

Saturday, June 07, 2008 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Miz Minka,

A Significant Other that adores you just the way you are is more precious than gold.

Monday, June 09, 2008 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page