Wednesday, June 07, 2006

First Pictures

Cypripedium acaule:

A closer shot of Cypripedium acaule:

Cypripedium montanum:

A group of Cypripedium kentuckiense:

Cypripedium kentuckiense:

I had the opportunity to use my new digital SLR camera, macro lens, and macro ring flash to take some lovely pictures of some Cypripediums. These are my first pictures and I am quite pleased with the result.

I have to confess that I cannot take full credit for these pictures. My photography mentor's hands guided my hands...I am still learning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a naughty mind so I'm not even going to say what I thought of when I saw these pictures.

Anyway, I'm sure your mentor thinks you're improving. These pictures look wonderful to me!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

The technical quality is excellent. I enlarged that second picture and on my 19 inch monitor I could clearly see all the individual hairs. Kind of spooky, really... :)

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page