Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Practical Joke on Me

Note to self: Remember where you put the fake maggots!

In general, I am not freaked out by insects. In fact, I rather find them interesting. The only type of insect that freaks me out is bees, wasps, and hornets. I don't dislike them, just get freaked out by them if they have taken a strong interest to me and I don't have epinephrine with me. Yes, I am allergic to them, and at this point in my life, I don't care to find out how allergic. Anaphylactic shock is not something I want to experience first hand.

Anyhow, when I was at the ASBMB conference this past April, I picked up some fake maggots that they had out for the taking at this forensic exhibit. I dunno why, just thought that it would be something cool to have. Also, I thought it might come in handy if I ever need some payback for a practical joke played on me. I think that they look quite realistic.

Well, I did not want to walk around the convention center with fake maggots in my hand, so I put them into this little pouch that I got at another exhibit and then put the pouch into the bookbag that ASBMB gave me. I then promptly forgot about the maggots in the pouch in the bookbag.

So, then I started using the ASBMB bookbag and taking it to the lab with me. I was looking for something in the bookbag and came upon the fake maggots.

Suffice it to say, practical joke played on me, by me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

That's funny. Next time put them in a brown paper bag and label them. If there IS a next time, that is. :)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page