Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Cat Blogging

During my exploration of various blogs, I have come across a phenomenon known as "Friday Cat Blogging" by various bloggers.

Being a graduate student, sometimes I lose touch with the outside world, and when I am sleep deprived, sometimes even lose touch with reality (when the lab bench and instruments start moving by themselves; it is time to stop what I am doing and go to sleep).

So, sometimes it takes me a little longer to catch onto things--even in the blogosphere!

Thus, I have come to the conclusion that in this respect, resistance is futile, and I will comply. So, here we have Marzepan nestled on my bed in the morning prior to me making my bed:



Can you tell I like chocolates with a name like Marzepan?

Anyhow, Marzepan is an incredibly sweet tabby. She was a rescue. She is terrified of people she does not know. I think this is because she spent her early months having kids throw rocks at her. It took me about 3 months to befriend her to the point where I could touch her, despite her starving state. When I finally took her home, she wasn't quite four pounds despite my feedings.

As you can see in the picture, she is doing quite well and has turned into a beautiful green-eyed beauty who showers me with constant affection. Although she is still leary of people she does not know well, she makes up for it with the people she does know well. Oftentimes she will snuggle up to me under the covers in my bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now I wish I had a cat, too! Marzepan is a beautiful name for a beautiful cat like yours.

Have a great weekend!

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page