Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Cat Blogging


It is time for Friday Cat Blogging!

I have decided to post a picture of someone else's cat for a change. It would seem that mine have developed an aversion to my point and shoot camera and I am just not quick enough my digital SLR. They seem rather suspicious of things that flash light at them. Can't say I blame them, I am rather camera shy myself.

Anyhow, I met a bunch of cats on my trek at Resthaven this past weekend. My purpose of visiting Resthaven was to observe the Ospreys and see if there was any interesting flora to catch my eye for photography.

The only interesting flora I could find was the poison ivy that I managed to sit in while observing the Ospreys.

Now, bear in mind, that since I have quite an interest in plants, I can identify poison ivy. However, this poison ivy was covered in some material that was previously mowed. It was new growth emerging from underneath some debris that I did not see.

Fortunately for me, it was covered in enough debris and I did not sit all that long in it. Thus, it did not penetrate to my skin. I suppose that it would have penetrated if I had sat there long enough.

Thus a happy ending all in all.


Many thanks to Thomas for his willingness to be a guide at Resthaven and his deft mastery of the camera lens for this cat picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

If you had sat there longer, YOUR ending would have a big red rash on it. And I don't think you would have taken that sitting down. :)

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Awww--what a cute kitie--so sweet!

I know poison ivy and netles, too, but have been known to get into both anyway!! Yikes!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page