Thursday, April 26, 2007

Craziness

I am a graduate student doing my research at a well respected hospital based institution that is not physically part of the university I attend. The research area of this hospital is in a secured area. Not everyone can enter for obvious reasons. As a result, for the most part, I have always felt safe here for that reason.

However, since I am a student, I do periodically have to go to my university for various reasons such as classes or to take care of various matters.

Today, I get an email from the president of our university stating that certain threats have been made to make a repeat of the tragedy at Virginia Tech at my university. I do not know all the details. However, considering that I am in the process of trying to do my oral candidacy exam/proposal defense at the university, this is just one more craziness added that I don't need at this time.

Hopefully, these are just some idle threats made by some student who does not fully realize how terribly inappropriate this behavior is in light of that tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page