Saturday, April 28, 2007

Great Tits and Boobies

I decided that today I would take a break from the craziness in my life and go to Rocky River Reservation and attend their Nature Festival. Although I enjoyed it, my attendence was intermittent due to the rainy drizzle this morning and early afternoon. Being cold, wet, having poor lighting, and trying to protect my photography equipment from the moisture made me give up early and go home for a needed nap. I did go back later and attend a humorous sketch by "The Bird Chick" (see one of my blog links) and her husband, non-birding Bill.

The sketch had me in stitches as it poked fun at birds, bird-watching, bird-feeding, and such. I am a non-birder myself, but a nature lover who does spend some time around birding folks. Thus, I could fully appreciate all the humor in this delightful play. It certainly was worth the trip back to the nature center.

Tomorrow, the weather should prove delightful and I think I will go back to enjoy more of the festival. I think I will take part of the photography hike, go on the "Bird Chick" walk even though I am a non-birder, enjoy various music, and check out the Ohio Prairie Nursery vendor.

I will also make it a point to talk to "The Bird Chick" and talk about some of those Great Tits and Boobies. Birds that is.

What were you thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page